SQL Clone 4
SQL Clone 4 introduces Teams, allowing you to have more control over the instances, images and clones that users have access to.
- Control which instances specific users can use to create clones and images, enabling safe self-service and delegation for DevOps and CI.
- Maintain images with different levels of sensitivity or data masking for different users.
- Allow people working on different projects to use the same SQL Clone installation without seeing instances, images and clones that aren't relevant to them.
- Assign teams to new images as part of your automation scripts to make them available to the right users straight away.
- Upgrading to SQL Clone 4 will start a new trial. You will need to re-enter your SQL Clone serial number after upgrading. Provided you have a valid subscription (or support contract for legacy versions), your existing serial number from v1/v2/v3 will work.
- SQL Clone Server now requires .NET Framework version 4.7.2 or later (was previously 4.6.1). If you are using an older version, you should update .NET before upgrading SQL Clone.
- Existing PowerShell cmdlets will continue to work as normal after this upgrade. However, you should manually upgrade them to make use of the new
Get-SqlCloneTeam cmdlet and the
-Teams parameter to
For more information read the product learning article.