Please contact us at email@example.com if you’d like to be involved in the research on any of these.
SQL Clone 2
Version 2 of SQL Clone allows you to:
- Run T-SQL scripts during the image creation to make modifications to the image such as mask data, change permissions or change configuration data.
- Specify where images are stored
- Support FILESTREAM data
- Manage who has access to SQL Clone by assigning role based permissions
- Clone databases up to 64 TB. This means you can create images and clones just like before but with larger databases
- Create images from differential backups (note: this requires both the full and differential backup files to be entered)
- Use the PowerShell cmdlets for databases up to 64 TB (note: any older v1 cmdlets will need to be upgraded using the latest installer from the PowerShell page under settings)