There are two ways you can purchase from us:
- Purchase securely online with a credit card, by choosing which products you are interested in, filling in your details, and submitting your order. If you have any problems using our site, please contact us for further help. After the order is completed, you will receive an invoice, which will be marked as paid. This will have the relevant license keys to enable you to download and use the software.
- Email us at email@example.com to request a quote, specifying which product(s) you are interested in, then return the quote to us, with a purchase order number (if applicable) and an authorised signature. You will then be sent an invoice, payable within 14 days, which will include the relevant license keys to download the software ready for use. Alternatively, you could create your own quote online, by selecting your products and saving the quote.
We can quote and invoice in US Dollars, British Pounds, or Euros.
Buying with a purchase order
You will need to submit a PO to firstname.lastname@example.org if you agree to our standard 14-day payment terms. Otherwise, you need to contact us at email@example.com to provide more information. Once processed, the invoice will include the PO number for reference in the upper-right-hand corner of the page.
Download this PDF for more information about our purchase options.
This depends on where you're located:
- If you're based in the UK, you will be charged VAT.
- If you're in Europe and supply us with a valid VAT number, you won't be charged tax. However, if you don't supply a tax number, you will be taxed at the prevailing rate, and it will be up to you to claim back any tax paid.
- If you're in the USA, you won't be charged tax on your purchase.
No. As all our products are supplied electronically, there are no shipping or distribution costs.
As we are based in the UK, this is not required. As an alternative, you can download a W8-BEN-E form. If you have any questions about this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As soon as your order is processed, no matter which method of payment you choose, you will receive an email that will contain invoice information (if you pay by credit card, this will show as paid) and will contain the activation keys that you have purchased. We aim to process all orders within 24 hours of receipt.
If you are unhappy with the product, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
If, within the first 14 days of your purchase, you are unsatisfied and we have been unable to resolve the issues you have been having, we will refund the amount you've paid, on the understanding that you will destroy any licenses received, and uninstall the software. Outside of this period (more than 14 days after purchase) any refunds will be at Redgate's sole discretion.
When you purchase the product, you are sent an invoice that contains your serial number. You use the serial number to activate the product. If you cannot find your invoice, you can review your serial numbers at http://www.red-gate.com/myserialnumbers.
If you are reinstalling products on the same computer, for example following installation of a new operating system, you can re-activate the products using the same serial number (this does not affect the number of distinct activations for the serial number). To install products on a different computer, you can deactivate the products on the old computer using the deactivation tool, and then re-activate them on the new computer.
For further important information regarding licensing and activation, please visit our support center.
Yes. Please contact us with details of what you have, and what you would like, for pricing information.
Major upcoming releases are on our roadmap.
If your software isn't listed, please get in touch with your account manager, or email email@example.com if you don't have an account manager.
All minor releases, such as minor bug fixes, are free. For major updates, supported customers receive upgrades to the latest version of the product they've purchased, for free.
For further important information regarding updates, please visit Upgrading your software.
Yes, our PAN Card Number is: AAGCR0652N.
This could be because payment is being flagged by your bank due to the transaction being processed in the UK. You can contact your bank to approve the payment or take a look at our alternate payment options. Or contact us if you’d rather talk to someone.
You will create an account, known as Redgate ID, to view your serial numbers, quotes and invoices, as well as purchase upgrades or manage your newsletter subscriptions. If you’ve ever saved a quote or bought a Redgate product you will already have an account created. To create an account, click 'don’t have a Redgate ID' and follow the registration process.
Logging in gives you access to improved license management making it simpler to use products on multiple machines. License owners and admins will be able to see who’s using their licenses and reassign them as necessary. You can find out more information in this blog post.
SQL Monitor and SQL Backup Pro are licensed per server. All other tools are licensed per user. In the case of SQL Toolbelt bundle where there’s a mixture, you would need to purchase additional licenses of the server tools if number of servers is larger than number of users. We offer discounts when you buy multiple licenses. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our licenses are perpetual, meaning once you make the initial purchase the license will always work as long as the version you are using is compatible. One year of support & upgrades is included as standard with the initial purchase, but you can extend your coverage for up to three years.
You have the option to renew your support & upgrades package when it comes up to expiry date. We highly recommend this option as you will receive:
- Free upgrades: when we release a new major version of your software, you'll get it for free.
- Full support: if you hit any problems, you can speak to a dedicated product support engineer by email, forum, or phone – whichever is easiest for you.
We don't sell support & upgrade packages for a few of our products, in particular .NET Reflector, our MySQL tools, and our free tools.
If you haven't bought support & upgrades, you can get answers to support questions through our documentation and forums. However, we can't guarantee that forum questions will be answered, or that the answers given are correct (if another user answers the question, for example).