Redgate SQL Clone Competition 2017
Terms & Conditions
As a participant in Red Gate Software Ltd’s SQL Clone Competition, you agree to the following terms and conditions (“Agreement”):
- Red Gate Software Ltd’s SQL Clone Competition is open to professionals working with SQL Server Databases.
- Entrants must be 18 years old or over.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to be eligible to enter.
- All entries must be submitted via comment on a participating blog post and agreeing to the terms and conditions set out in this document.
- Employees of Red Gate Software Ltd, SQL Server Central, and their family members are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Entries are limited to one per person. Entries for multiple employees from the same company are accepted.
- The organizers reserve the right, within their sole discretion, to disqualify nominations.
Deadline for entries
- Entries must be received by Friday April 30th 2017 at 12:00 noon (Pacific Time). Red Gate Software Ltd accepts no responsibility for corrupted or delayed entries.
Other terms and conditions
- Each blog author participating in the competition will judge the five best entries submitted to their own blog, and choose one overall winner from the five.
- Each of the five winning entries for each blog will receive an Amazon Echo Dot.
- In addition, the overall winner for each blog will receive a Small Team License for SQL Clone.
- All winners from blog competitions will be announced on the Redgate blog on Friday 5th May 2017.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash.
- The organizers’ decisions are final.
- All winners must redeem their prize by 5th August 2017.
- It is the entrants’ sole responsibility to ensure that their entries or acceptance of any prizes do not violate any law and also do not violate any contract made between the entrant and his or her employer. Red Gate Software accepts no liability or responsibility for disputes that may arise as a result of an entry. If any such disputes arises, Red Gate Software reserves the right to withdraw prizes and to select an alternative winner for those prizes.
- Prizes are at the discretion of Red Gate Software, subject to change without notice, and may be replaced with an alternate prize of similar value.
- Red Gate Software reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the SQL Clone Competition, should causes beyond its control, including without limitation technical or natural conditions or acts of God or negligent or criminal acts of third parties, make it impossible or impracticable to carry out the SQL Clone Competition as planned.
- To the extent permitted by law, Red Gate Software Ltd explicitly makes no representations or warranties whatsoever as to the quality, suitability, merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose of the prizes awarded and they hereby disclaim all liability for any loss or damage of any kind, including personal injury, suffered while participating in the SQL Clone Competition or utilizing any prizes awarded.
- As an entrant, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the organizers, promoters, and operators of SQL Clone Competition, including Red Gate Software, from and against any and all liability and costs, including without limitations attorneys’ fees and costs, incurred in connection with any claim arising out of any information contained in your nomination or your breach of these terms and conditions.
- As an entrant, you hereby release the organizers, promoters, and operators of the SQL Clone Competition, including Red Gate Software, from all claims, demands, suits, judgments, cross claims, and set-offs, including any claim in negligence, arising from or incidental to the SQL Clone Competition.
Use of entrants' data
- In submitting an entry, you agree to allow Red Gate Software to contact you by email about the SQL Clone Competition and Red Gate Software’s products.
- In addition, you agree to allow a member of the marketing department at Red Gate Software to contact you by telephone or email in case of potential press releases, case studies, and/or testimonials that are relevant to the SQL Clone Competition. You also agree to undertake all media and promotional activities, including but not limited to television, radio, print, and online media interviews and appearances, as directed by organizers, promoters, or operators of the SQL Clone Competition, including Red Gate Software.
Any questions about the SQL Clone Competition can be directed to Karis Brummitt at Red Gate Software, Newnham House, Cambridge Business Park, Cambridge, CB4 0WZ, United Kingdom.