SQL Developer Bundle for teams
Together the 12 tools in the bundle have been proven to help teams collaborate, with increased efficiency and consistency across a range of activities, including database source control, coding and producing documentation.
Save time writing SQL code in SSMS and VS.
Run unit tests early on and generate realistic test data fast.
Deploy scripts and run multiple tests across all your databases in parallel.
Develop to your preferred model.
Easily share the same source code, push and pull database changes team-wide, and see who is making changes, when, and why.
Share code snippets, tests, and formatting styles among team members.
Package databases as deliverable .exe files, for easier rollouts of schema and data across the team members.
Navigate around a database to find objects and their dependencies.
Quickly discover where references to the old server or database are – particularly useful if multiple coworkers have worked on the databases in the past.
Get new team members up to speed with a graphical view of databases, their objects, and dependencies.
Develop consistent coding styles that can be easily shared across the team.
Generate comprehensive database documentation in a just few clicks.
Save documentation in HTML, MS Word, or .CHM file format, ready for the whole team to use.
Satisfy audit and compliance requirements by keeping complete documentation.
Save schema snapshots for audit and rollback purposes.
Create an audit trail by comparing backups.
Quickly find and fix errors caused by the differences between databases that can arise when multiple teams work in parallel.
Restore table, column, and row level damaged or missing data.
We have two teams of developers – one in the Netherlands and one in India – that work on our database. Overall, Red Gate tools save me hours and hours of work each week.
They've cut out bugs and versioning accidents almost completely. In the last two years we haven't had any bugs related to database objects at all, which is a great result!Michael Stoop, Database Developer, Calvi
All 12 tools in a single installer
Download a 14-day fully functional free trial of the
SQL Developer Bundle.
- A 5 user license licence of the SQL Developer Bundle starts at $5,980.
- That includes a volume discount of 20%
- It also saves you 60% on the cost of buying the 12 tools individually.
At this point we are really starting to see some good payback on our investment in the full SQL Developer Bundle. Those products were worth the investment back when we only used them sporadically for troubleshooting and DBA analysis, but now with SQL Source Control, they are becoming everyday-use products for the development team." Mark Caldwell, Software Engineering Manager, Interior Specialists, Inc. Family of Companies, (see blog post)
Save time and work productively with SQL Server
- Speed up coding – SQL Prompt’s code completion with statement expansion, partial matching and customizable formatting makes it easy to write readable code fast.
- Discover defects earlier – use SQL Test to run unit tests early on as part of an agile development process.
Enhance team productivity with SQL Prompt and SQL Test, and enjoy more time to focus on the deeper aspects of your team’s code and databases.
Collaborative database delivery with source control
- Push and pull changes team-wide – SQL Source Control works with your existing source control system so teams can push and pull changes as part of database version control.
- Track changes – see who in your team committed which changes, when, and why.
- Store and share scripts – use SQL Source Control to handle complex changes to your databases, such as column splits.
A plug-in for SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Source Control fits seamlessly with your team’s database development processes, whether that’s development against local copies of your database or a shared, central version.
Powered by: SQL Source Control
Consistent, fast, and easy coding and sharing
- Ensure consistent coding – share your code formatting settings in SQL Prompt with co-workers in a few clicks.
- Package your databases for sharing – SQL Packager scripts and compresses schema and data into easily deliverable .exe files, giving your customers and teams access to the same databases.
Consistent code formatting means less time spent deciphering or refactoring the different code styles that can exist among team members. Once databases are ready to share, SQL Packager makes it easy to install and distribute your database as an .exe file.
Fast and easy navigation through your code
- Search for SQL text – look for fragments of SQL code within stored procedures, functions, views, and more.
- Add filters to focus your search – select the object type, database and server to run a finer search for specific objects in your code.
If you’ve inherited code and need to update references to an object, SQL Search makes it quick and easy to track them down and make updates.
Powered by: SQL Search
Get new team members up to speed
- Review databases and dependencies – when inducting new members to the team, give them full database documentation, and a graphical overview of a database and its object dependencies with SQL Doc and SQL Dependency Tracker.
- Team-wide code consistency – ensure new team members code consistently with your team by sharing customizable formatting settings in SQL Prompt.
Give new team members both high-level and detailed information about your databases, using SQL Doc and SQL Dependency Tracker. SQL Prompt helps new team members quickly get up to speed with team-wide code formatting styles.
Generate database documentation for easy sharing
- Keep team members up-to-date – automatically generate database documentation from within SSMS in a few clicks, using SQL Doc.
- Support team-wide database reviews – generate detailed documentation to facilitate team reviews of your databases, their objects, and dependencies.
With SQL Doc you can automatically generate database documentation to make it really easy for team members to keep on top of changes and review database structure, objects, and dependencies in more detail.
Powered by: SQL Doc
Satisfy audit and compliance requirements
- Generate database documentation – satisfy audit and compliance requirements by creating complete database documentation with SQL Doc. Team members can also annotate all parts of the database schema using extended properties.
- Create an audit trail – use SQL Source Control to create an audit trail for a development environment. For production environments, use SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare to create an automated task that archives a report of the database changes.
Isolate differences and conflicts in your databases
- Find errors between two databases – use SQL Compare to quickly detect the differences causing errors between two databases.
- Restore data – use SQL Data Compare to restore damaged or missing data to a single row, without the need for a full database recovery.
If you have multiple development streams working in parallel, using SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare makes comparing and synchronizing databases and their contents an efficient, logical process.