Introduction to SQL Index Manager
SQL Index Manager lets you quickly and easily find out the status of your indexes and discover which databases need maintenance.
You can do maintenance through the UI, or generate a T-SQL script to run in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Detect index fragmentation: get a full report on indexes across your databases, including severity of fragmentation and the reasons for it.
- Fix fragmentation: choose which indexes to fix based on fragmentation severity – SQL Index Manager will perform the operation for you.
- Reorganize or rebuild: set which action to take, based on customizable rebuild and reorganization thresholds, and rebuild indexes online with SQL Server Enterprise Edition.
- Analyze over time: export the results of your analysis to track and report on fragmentation.
- Generate scripts: automatically generate T-SQL scripts to fix fragmentation.