How to report a security issue
If you have a security problem, or you've found a security flaw in a Redgate product or service, please get in touch with our security team as soon as possible.
We'll do our best to solve your problem quickly and to keep you posted on our progress.
Below are further instructions for specific security issues, including the sort of details that can help us deal with the problem faster.
If you've found a security flaw in a Redgate product or service
Please act in a way that safeguards other users.
Get in touch with our security team, so we can work together to fix the problem:
We'd appreciate as much information as you can provide, so that we can reproduce and fix the problem. In particular, it's helpful if you can tell us:
- The name of the product or service
- For downloadable Redgate products, e.g. SQL Compare, the version number you're using
- For Redgate services, e.g. Cloud Services, your username and the date and time that the problem occurred
- Whether you've contacted us previously about the same problem or a related one
- Any extra details you have about the problem and how someone could exploit it
Our security team will be in touch as soon as possible. They'll keep in touch with you to report progress and possibly to ask for further information on the problem.
If someone knows your Redgate password, or your Redgate account has been compromised:
Change your password immediately.
Contact our security team to report the problem:
Our team will be in touch as soon as possible to make your account secure.
For any other security problem
Contact email@example.com or call +44 (0)1223 437904 to report the specifics. We'll be in touch as soon as possible.
If for any reason we don't respond, please contact our CEO Simon Galbraith directly: