Redgate’s Microsoft MVP Steve Jones is joined by acclaimed author and researcher Gene Kim to discuss the latest in all things DevOps.
This webinar offers a closer look at the key findings in the 2018 Accelerate State of DevOps Report, and investigates the growing importance of the database in successful DevOps and IT performance.
The report is the result of five years of research – with over 30,000 data points – to understand high performance in the context of software development, and the factors that predict it.
You will learn how:
• Software delivery performance unlocks competitive advantages including increased profitability, productivity, market share, customer service, and the ability to achieve strategic goals.
• Key technical practices drive high performance. These include monitoring and observability, continuous testing, database change management, and integrating security earlier in the software development process
• Including the database in DevOps helps IT organizations to balance the need to deliver software faster with the need to protect business critical data
• Not just using cloud infrastructure, but implementing cloud as it’s intended to be used, contributes to high performance
• Outsourcing may save money in the short term, but is much more likely to contribute to low performance.
Steve is a Microsoft SQL Server MVP and has been working with SQL Server since version 4.2 on OS/2. After working as a DBA and developer for a variety of companies, Steve co-founded the community website SQLServerCentral.com in 2001, and has been the full-time editor of the site since 2004.
Gene Kim is a multiple award-winning CTO, researcher and author. He was founder and CTO of Tripwire for 13 years and is the co-author of the books The Phoenix Project: A Novel About IT, DevOps, and Helping Your Business Win”, The DevOps Handbook, and Accelerate. Since 2014, he is the founder of IT Revolution, and has been the organizer of the DevOps Enterprise Summit.