Red Gate forums :: View topic - Expired trial when service not started (version 4.5)
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Backup Previous Versions
SQL Backup Previous Versions forum

Expired trial when service not started (version 4.5)

Search in SQL Backup Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
HJoyce

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:06 pm    Post subject: Expired trial when service not started (version 4.5) Reply with quote

In version 4.5 if the SQL Backup Agent service can't be started, the left hand panel in the GUI will show the Expired trial symbol. This is because the service is required to be running in order to check the status of the licensing.

If one instance shows that the trial is expired and you don't believe this to be true, it's worth checking that the SQL Backup Agent service is running for that instance.

Go to Contol panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services and right click the SQL Backup Agent service (for the corresponding SQL Server instance) to check the Log on account and to make sure it's started and the account it's running under has permissions to write to the registry.

Last edited by HJoyce on Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
mechie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i'd like to add something:

i activated the sqlbackup software while the service was running because i had a "trial expired message" (see also my other post).

after activation + the service still running i still got this message. because we save the activation text i saw i already activated the software around 2 weeks ago. so that raised a question with me. stopping the service and starting it again solved the problem.

so having the service running is not sufficient ... it should be restarted after activation.

eduard
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1