Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Search 2
SQL Search 2 forum

SQL Search 2

Search in SQL Search 2 forum
Jump to:  
sarisetty

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: A possible solution Reply with quote

I did face the same problem when I installed it for the first time, the search was fast enough compared to its predecessor(Sql Search V1), however it consumes the whole processing and leaves us no choice other than killing the process through task manager.

Solution:
Repair the SSMS Integration Pack Framework & Sql Search 2 through the Control Panel MMC Snap-in(appwiz.cpl) and restart the ssms process again. It shouldn't freeze now Smile

P.S: The solution proposed by me is temporary, it might be resolved by red-gate team soon in the new versions.
yshmidt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Sql Search 2 problem continues Reply with quote

I tried sarisetty solution to repair SSMS Integration Pack Framework & Sql Search 2. I also downloaded the latest version of sql search 2. Uninstalled a installed again, to no avail
Help please.
vbmark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this problem too.

I can do a repair of both programs and sometimes get it working for several days.

Then today, nothing I do fixes it and whenever I click the search button SSMS freezes and I have to kill the process.

I would switch back to version 1 but I can't find the install executable.
yshmidt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: SQL Search 2, need a fix Reply with quote

Same here, "Search" can work for a day or a couple of hours and then freezes. I am going through the same steps; uninstall, re-install and hopping that it will work. Sometimes takes couple of times to do that. It became a game of sorts, click on the SQL Search and hold my breath.
Which SQL Server version are you using? I think that SQL Search 1 doesn't work with SQL 2014.
vbmark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: SQL Search 2, need a fix Reply with quote

yshmidt wrote:
...click on the SQL Search and hold my breath.

Heh, yup.

yshmidt wrote:
Which SQL Server version are you using?

Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1