Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

Production Ready Flag

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
sqlninja

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Production Ready Flag Reply with quote

I had one of my developers ask if there was a simple way to flag a change as "Production Ready", to which I didn't have a straightforward answer.

They then asked if there was a way in SSC to "flag" a commit as such, to which I said no but would ask...
Thus I'm asking...

Would it be possible to have changes/commits as flagged "Production Ready", this would make it easier for the automating of Nightly Builds from Deployment Manager, or from SQL Compare?
chriskelly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am assuming that you mean the flag would be set by you once the change was deemed ready for Production rather than the tool making this determination. Currently there isn't such a flagging facility.

The idea is that a particular revision from the repository is tested and then once this is deemed to be "Production Ready" then this revision would be deployed where appropriate.

Can I ask you to post a suggestion on either the SQL Source Control UserVoice Forum or the SQL Compare UserVoice Forum explain how and why this would be useful. The development teams use these forums to gather ideas and determine interest in those ideas.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1