Red Gate forums :: View topic - Trial: There is no disk in the drive.
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Memory Profiler 7
ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum

Trial: There is no disk in the drive.

Search in ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum
Jump to:  
garygen

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Trial: There is no disk in the drive. Reply with quote

When I try to use the Memory Profiler 7.4.0.41, I immediately get in a message loop that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk2\DR2". This persists until the Memory Profiler is closed.

Google revealed a knowledge base entry about this, but the information did not appear to fit the issue.

http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/content/knowledgebase/ANTS_Memory_Profiler/KB201105000498

Specifically, the code was compiled on this computer and has never involved any removable media. The only exception to this would be if it is due to external libraries. Per the knowledge base entry, I did try removing the PDB, cleaning, rebuilding the app to no change.

The only oddity with the system is that I am using VS 2008 for this run, but also have VS 2012 installed (not running).
james.billings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post.

A PDB reference is the usual cause of this error. Some users have had success simply by configuring Windows to simply not present the warning - this video should demonstrate how.

The other option is to try running our debug tool (available here), attaching to the process you want to profile, and then looking on the Assemblies tab to see if there are any PDB's you've missed.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1