Red Gate forums :: View topic - cannot Compare/Deploy data from source control?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 2 EAP
SQL Source Control 2 EAP forum

cannot Compare/Deploy data from source control?

Search in SQL Source Control 2 EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
chattabaugh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:09 pm    Post subject: cannot Compare/Deploy data from source control? Reply with quote

Is there a way to compare data from a database to Source control?

When I go to Show History and pick a version that has data changes. I do not have the option to compare with DataCompare; only Compare Pro.

Same goes for If I right click on a database and select Data Compare/Deply I do not have the source control options that I have with Schema Compare/Deploy
troyhunt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: You need to go pro Reply with quote

According to the features list, you'll need to go pro in order to compare against a folder of scripts from VCS: http://www.red-gate.com/products/sql-development/sql-data-compare/features
David Atkinson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SQL Data Compare Pro can't yet deploy from SSMS in the same way as SQL Compare Pro does currently. This is because we haven't yet released SQL Source Control with data support except in early access, and therefore haven't yet implemented the integration.

To deploy currently you will need to "get" the scripts folder to a working folder on your hard disk, and simply use SQL Data Compare Pro on this.

David Atkinson
Red Gate Software
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1