Red Gate forums :: View topic - Receiving alerts about blocking/deadlocks too late
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Monitor 4
SQL Monitor 4 forum

Receiving alerts about blocking/deadlocks too late

Search in SQL Monitor 4 forum
Jump to:  
sql_guy75

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:54 pm    Post subject: Receiving alerts about blocking/deadlocks too late Reply with quote

We had a blocking occurred in our environment supposedly around 11:11 AM yesterday on 4/2/2014. However, within the alert inbox, we do not see that there is a blocking occurring, not until at 2:00 am the next day on 4/2 2:00, which it then starting reporting it, because another process tried to access the SQL resources.

I can see that there is a long query reported at 11:13, but supposedly it ended since it reported the completed duration.

The first alert I received, which was around 2:00 AM is when the import process runs. The alert indicates that blocking process/query started at 11:11 am on 2 Apr 2014.

I would nice to be alerted of this symptom before it becomes a problem, as it did last night.
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you copy/paste the alert details? It seems odd to me that you have a process that runs at 2, then you get a blocked process alert right away, but the alert says it started at 11:13.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1