Red Gate forums :: View topic - Automatically document databases and upload to a portal
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Doc 3
SQL Doc 3 forum

Automatically document databases and upload to a portal

Search in SQL Doc 3 forum
Jump to:  
mipe10

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Automatically document databases and upload to a portal Reply with quote

Hi,
This question is not specific to sql doc but I thought you might have any suggestions anyway since it's related to automating you documentation. I would like to use sql doc and automatically upload the files to a portal where it could be accessed and viewed.

Do you have any suggestions on portals that might be used? Perhaps you have tried this yourself. I would be interested to hear if you have any open source suggestions.

Regards
Brian Donahue

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

The only portal I have heard about customers using is SharePoint. There was some issue we had to fix regarding the folder naming so it would work with SharePoint. I believe they were using a command to do it but I can't find a record of what it was specifically. I believe the preferred way of uploading a document to SharePoint these days is to use the Microsoft.SharePoint object in a PowerShell script.

Hope this helps.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1