Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Comparison SDK 10
SQL Comparison SDK 10 forum

Failed to compare two elements in the array

Search in SQL Comparison SDK 10 forum
Jump to:  
JoshNoe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Failed to compare two elements in the array Reply with quote

We recently updated the RedGate Compare SDK dlls, and now our previously working app is throwing an error when we call RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.LoadFromDisk("mysnapshot.snp")

"Failed to compare two elements in the array"

The version appears to be 9.5.0.597, even though I got the dlls from "SDK 10" which I downloaded eariler today.

Stack trace:
at System.Collections.Generic.ArraySortHelper`1.Sort(T[] keys, Int32 index, Int32 length, IComparer`1 comparer)
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Sort(Int32 index, Int32 count, IComparer`1 comparer)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Indexes.Sort()
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Indexes.#gjh()
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Table.PatchUpAfterDeserialization(Database #RHc)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Tables.PatchUpAfterDeserialization(Database #RHc)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.PatchUpAfterDeserialization(Boolean #pXrc)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.LoadFromStream(Stream #a0, Database #uwL)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.LoadFromDisk(String #wqk, Database #uwL)
at RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database.LoadFromDisk(String fileName)
at ReleaseUpdate.Synchronizer.SQLSynchronizer(BackgroundWorker worker, DoWorkEventArgs e) in C:\SPIDev\SPITools\PRIME\AutoUpdate\Synchronizer.vb:line 125
thad p

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Same issue Reply with quote

SOLVED: Make sure you include ALLLLLLL the library files in the folder "E:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\SQL Comparison SDK 10\Assemblies\SQL Data Compare
" to your project, the actual error i got had NOTHING to do with the actual issue (missing an assembly file) i noticed it was an inner exception to the exception. Good luck all

If i use an empty database i do not get the "failed to compare two elements in the array" message. To bad i have a very complicated database i need to use this on (and my trial is running out) so if i cannot get this to work soon i will move onto the next solution in my list of things to try.

ConnectionProperties sourceConnectionProperties = new ConnectionProperties(txtToSqlUrl.Text, txtToDBName.Text, txtToUsername.Text, txtToPassword.Text);

RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database sourceDatabase = new RedGate.SQLCompare.Engine.Database();
//(error's on the next line)
sourceDatabase.Register(sourceConnectionProperties, Options.Default);
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1