Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Memory Profiler 7
ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum

Windows 8/IE 10 and Silverlight 5 App`

Search in ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum
Jump to:  
blitzd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Windows 8/IE 10 and Silverlight 5 App` Reply with quote

When running ANTS Memory Profiler 7.4.0.41 against a Silverlight 5 App on Windows 8/IE 10, I get no option to every take a memory snapshot.

Does it not support IE 10 perhaps, or is it Silverlight 5?

I did use it to profile our app before we updated to SL5, but that was on Windows 7/IE 9 as well.

In the log I see:

22 Nov 2012 14:09:40.666 [29] INFO RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.Sessions.BaseSession - Starting Silverlight 4 profiling session using URL 'http://<domain>/<url>'
22 Nov 2012 14:09:40.697 [34] INFO RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.Sessions.BaseSession - Process has finished.
22 Nov 2012 14:09:40.931 [Profiler pipe monitor] INFO RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.Basic.PipeConnection - Process ID 0xfb0 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE' has connected.
22 Nov 2012 14:09:40.931 [Profiler pipe monitor] WARN RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.Basic.PipeConnection - Rejected a connection attempt from process ID 0xfb0 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE'
22 Nov 2012 14:09:40.931 [Profiler pipe monitor] INFO RedGate.Profiler.Engine.Startup.Basic.Pipe - Recycling pipe
Chris.Allen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IE 10 support is still rather experimental- it hasn't yet received its badge of compatibility with our products yet. However- this is a fairly well known issue with latest IE's - because of it's 'protected mode'. Can you try to disable the protected mode and/or run ANTS explicitly as administrator (right click on the ANTS UI.exe).
blitzd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

Chris.Allen wrote:
IE 10 support is still rather experimental- it hasn't yet received its badge of compatibility with our products yet. However- this is a fairly well known issue with latest IE's - because of it's 'protected mode'. Can you try to disable the protected mode and/or run ANTS explicitly as administrator (right click on the ANTS UI.exe).

Hey Chris,

Neither of those appear to have made a difference, I still get no ability to take any sort of snapshot with protected mode disabled, or running ANTS as admin, or both at the same time.
Chris.Allen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, sorry about this- I think we may have a general issue with IE10. Last thing to try- can you ensure absolutely all instances of IE are shut down before attempting to profile?
blitzd

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no dice, Chris.

I had nothing but ANTS (launched form the install dir as Admin) running in my desktop, all metro apps closed, and I still get no ability to take a snap.
Pavlo Glazkov

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any news regarding Windows 8/IE 10 support? Or is there a workaround for this issue?
Saturn49

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It also appears to be broken on Windows 7 / IE 10. Any update on this?
Chris.Allen

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have good news- we have a patch that solves the Win8, SL5, IE10 issue:

ftp://support.red-gate.com/patches/ANTSMemoryProfiler/23Jan2013/

just overwrite your existing version.

When we bring out the next major version it will, of course, incorporate this patch code (and will have some really juicy new features too).
dom.smith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on this: We re-released ANTS Memory Profiler 7.4 on August 1, 2013. If you downloaded ANTS Memory Profiler 7.4 after that date, you already have the fix, and so you don't need to use the patch Chris posted above.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1