Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Storage Compress 5
SQL Storage Compress 5 forum

Index file consuming drive space

Search in SQL Storage Compress 5 forum
Jump to:  
goldmedal

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Index file consuming drive space Reply with quote

Hi

We are having quite a serious issue whereby a single index file created by HyperBac is in a constant state of growth and is totally consuming any free space on the drive.
HyperBac is storing these files on the C drive of the machine as i assume this is the default location as part of the install.
Index file is in:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Red Gate\HyperBac\indexes
Other processes that require space on the C drive are now prevented from completeing there operations. the index file is presently at 125GB and is only stopped due to lack for free space on the drive.

Can anyone advise whether these index files can be removed and how they are being used?

Many Thanks
goldmedal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add to this. I'm currently trying to attach an mdfx file of 41GB, I moved the index files onto a drive with what I believed to be sufficient space.

It's now been "attaching" for just over an hour, the index2 file is rapidly growing and currently at 128GB in just over 40 minutes.

The drive is getting close to full and I'll probably end up having to kill the Hyperbac service when it reaches 200GB.

This means we now have a 41GB compressed DB that I've no way of getting back online.

Is this a bug?
eddie davis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your post.

Can you please try out SQL Storage Compress V6 / HyperBac Components v5.4.0.27 released earlier today?

Please download the latest HyperBac components V5.4.0.27 / SQL Storage Compress v6 using these links:

64-bit machines

32-bit machines

There have been some major improvement to the stability of storage compress databases, which we believe will help you.

Many Thanks
Eddie
E-mail: support@red-gate.com
twain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should go for the SQL storage compress V6 which effectively will remove most of the issues that you are having. Getting the Hyperback components would also turn to be fruitful since both of them would greatly help in improving the stability of your storage compression databases.Has anyone tried using datanumen file storage's?. is it efficient ?
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1