Until now, one common knowledge about Power BI was how Power BI Premium subscription is expensive. We, regular mortals, could only dream with the full set of features offered by Power BI Premium.
The new announcement is a complete game changing for the enterprise self-service BI technology: Power BI Premium per User will be available on April 2nd . It will cost only additional us$10,00/month for the users who already have the PRO subscription.
Let’s review what great features we will have available once we subscribe for the Premium per user:
- Deployment Pipelines: You can control control the development/test and production environment for Power BI using these pipelines. The result is a more organized development process https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/deployment-pipelines-overview?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-4014132
- Paginated Reports: When we need to migrate from old Report Server solutions to Power BI, if we can just use the old RDL report files, instead of creating the reports again, it becomes very easy.
- Advanced AI: There are many Advanced AI features, such as:
- Create a Machine Learning Model: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-tutorial-build-machine-learning-model?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-4014132
- Use Cognitive services with Power BI: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-tutorial-use-cognitive-services?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-4014132
- Dataflows Directquery: One more option to control the performance of the solution https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-dataflows-direct-query-support/?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-4014132
- XMLA Endpoint: The possibilities opened by these endpoints are great – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-premium-connect-tools?WT.mc_id=DP-MVP-4014132
Everyday Power BI gets more features, proving why Microsoft is a leader on Gartner Quadrant. The Power BI Premium per user is more than a simple new feature, is a totally gaming change news, because it brings very powerful features to small and medium size companies.