What I learned lately – by Richard Mitchell Aged 32 3/4.
1. When you’re managing a large project team don’t expect to get 4 days coding done a week.
2. Designing a UI that people can use is much harder than it seems.
3. Hire the right people and they’ll work wonders.
4. I can’t pronounce Hungarian names.
5. Or French ones.
6. And I get English ones wrong (Clive is pronounced Colin in my head)
7. Foam dart guns are fun.
8. Splitting work into components allows multiple developers to just get on with it.
9. Setting up test systems is a hair-pulling screaming experience that is more likely than anything else to make somebody go postal (see 7).
10. My team are wunnerful.