Simple Talk is an online technical journal and community hub for working SQL Server and .NET developers and administrators, as well as enthusiasts and those taking their first steps with these Microsoft technologies. Its goal is to offer:
- Independent, accurate technical content for SQL Server and .NET professionals, all peer-reviewed and professionally edited to the highest quality
- A cutting edge site that is first to the base with news and content that affects the daily lives of developers and administrators
- A highly interactive site where feedback is not only encouraged but acted upon and where questions get quick, accurate answers
- A site that is not afraid to have an opinion or to address the more “human” aspects of an IT professional’s life, alongside the drier technical knowledge requirements
- A commitment to the community that extends beyond technical articles to real, tangible support for grassroots activity: be it in our online discussion forums, or at conferences, user group events, and so on
- A site that recognizes that developers need tools, not only for learning but for use on an everyday basis, and therefore need information that is straightforward and solution-focused
- A site that is inspirational and fun to spend time on, and that makes people passionate about what they do
All articles on the site are peer-reviewed and professionally edited. Through this, we believe that Simple-Talk can offer something unique to the SQL Server and .NET community, namely:
- The content quality of paid subscription journals
- The interactivity of the Internet
- The editorial values of the best industry magazines.
Simple Talk is a growing site, currently with 150,000 subscribers, who each receive a twice-monthly newsletter providing highlights from the Simple-Talk website along with updates and announcements concerning Redgate tools.
Simple Talk is sponsored by Redgate Software and provided as a free industry service. However, it retains editorial independence. Unless clearly indicated otherwise, all technical content on Simple-Talk is third-party tool agnostic and written by industry professionals who have no affiliation with Redgate Software.
Simple Talk does not accept paid advertising or other forms of commercial sponsorship. However, we may occasionally carry ads promoting:
- New Redgate tools
- Tools and services offered by trusted partners (such as Microsoft)
- Community events and conferences
- Other community sites that we like
If you run a SQL Server or .NET user group and would like us to advertise it on Simple-Talk, drop a mail to me at: email@example.com
Contributing to Simple-Talk
Simple Talk is always on the lookout for developers and DBAs who are willing to share their hard-won knowledge and insights on SQL Server and .NET. Authors are paid for their work and all articles are reviewed and edited for accuracy and editorial clarity. If you would like to write for Simple-Talk, you can find out more on our Write for Us page.
Tony Davis, Simple Talk editor-in-chief