Why should you version control your database?
Version control is already standard for application development. There are big advantages to using it for databases too:
- Developers can always access the latest version of database objects
- Team members can easily share or undo schema changes
- You can keep track of who changed what, when, and why
- It's simple to roll back to specific database versions
How SQL Source Control helps
SQL Source Control seamlessly connects SQL Server Management Studio to your version control system, so you can commit or undo schema changes as you work.
- Connects your database to Subversion, Team Foundation Server, Git, Mercurial, Vault, Perforce, and more
- Works inside SQL Server Management Studio, not with offline scripts
- Lets you commit or undo schema changes as you work
- Shows you every SQL difference between database objects and version control
Start version controlling your databases now with a 28-day free trial: