ANTS Performance Profiler 8
Improve application performance: profile .NET code and database calls
Profile and boost the performance of your .NET applications
ANTS Performance Profiler is an application profiler for .NET desktop, ASP.NET, and ASP.NET MVC applications:
- Find performance bottlenecks fast by profiling both the .NET code and the data access layer
- Get rich performance data, right-down to line-level timings and expensive database queries
- Save time going round in circles diagnosing and debugging – let the profiler do the hard work for you
- Explore unfamiliar code bases
- NEW! Enhanced data access profiling: added support for profiling MySQL (or MariaDB) and PostgreSQL, so you can see queries run against those databases too
All the performance data you need in one single tool
- From .NET code to database: View performance data for both your .NET code and database requests made by the .NET code. Profile database requests your application makes to any SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL (or MariaDB), and PostgreSQL database. This is ideal if you're using an ORM. More information about our database profiling support.
- Understand web requests: View rich data about outbound http requests made by your application, including request and response header information. See all the information in the context of the .NET code which caused the request to run.
- File I/O performance: Get comprehensive performance information on your application's disk activity.
Jump straight to the slowest activity
The call tree shows performance data for every method and identifies the most expensive methods, database queries, and web requests.
Drill down to slow lines of code with line-level timings
Profile C# or any other .NET code line by line, with precise timing data so you can find issues at a glance. Expensive lines of code are automatically highlighted for quick visual inspection.
Look at your code's database interaction *
Understand how your .NET code makes database queries and how those queries perform. ANTS Performance Profiler supports SQL Server and Oracle databases, whether local or remote.
Capture outgoing web requests *
Look at your application's outgoing http requests. Get data about the request and response headers, and see what .NET code caused them to run.
Immediate feedback on application performance
Use the interactive timeline to check the CPU usage of your .NET or ASP.NET application and highlight problem areas to focus only on the data that matters.
Group methods by HTTP request *
Code and database activity are grouped by HTTP request, exposing performance problems on specific web pages.
Profile async code
Understand the performance of C#5 async code. View activity in the context of the code you wrote, and see how work being done asynchronously is related to the async method which caused it to run.
Decompile third-party code *
Find bottlenecks in 3rd party components and framework assemblies using integrated decompilation, powered by .NET Reflector.
Get ANTS Performance Profiler as part of our full performance optimization and debugging package to help you develop fast, high quality web and desktop applications, and save 35% on the cost of the individual tools.
"I don't know how I ever developed enterprise software without the ANTS profilers.
They have saved me weeks of effort and paid for themselves many times over."
Gerhard du Toit, KIT Limited
It's one thing to write software that compiles and "works". It's an entire other ball game to write software that performs and scales. ANTS Profiler can help you achieve that goal in a very big way. Red Gate's ANTS Performance Profiler 6 is easy to learn to use and the features are both robust and intuitive. I can confidently recommend this product to any professional developer who is interested is producing high-performance, scalable applications.
Peter Bromberg, Eggheadcafe
I have had a performance issue for a few days now and tried to pinpoint the cause using my brain and simple debugging tools. I made the purchase for ANTS and within 30 minutes had the issue identified and fixed!
Martin Altenstedt, InHill Software
Over the weekend, we rolled out a few speed improvements to the Stack Overflow engine. First, we did a quick pass with ANTS Profiler and identified a few places where redundant or unnecessary database queries slipped into our code. We like to do this every few months on common pages as a sanity check.
Jeff Atwood, Stack Overflow - Read the full story
- Profile any .NET application: Windows Forms, ASP.NET Web applications, WPF, Windows services, XBAP, SharePoint and Silverlight 4+.
- In any .NET language: Including C#, VB.NET, and F#.
- Supports: .NET 1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5. Compatible with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, and Windows Server 2012.
- Supports web apps on: IIS Express, IIS 5, IIS 5.1, IIS 6, IIS 7, IIS7.5, IIS8 and ASP.NET Web Development Server (Cassini).
- Supports 64-bit profiling
- Support for running .NET 4 processes: Attach to a running .NET 4 / 4.5 process with no need to restart your target application or website.
- Cloud support: Install on Microsoft Azure and Amazon EC2 to profile cloud-hosted sites and applications. (You'll need to reinstall ANTS any time a cloud instance is torn down.)
- VS Integration: Compatible with VS2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, and 2013.
See the full list of system requirements on our Documentation site.
How ANTS Performance Profiler saved my hide
How Graham Russon, IT manager and senior developer at a financial institution in Cape Town, used ANTS Performance Profiler to resolve an urgent crisis with their payment processes.
Content and performance drive Citywire website success
The financial news website Citywire, has high expectation for the speed of their site. A major factor in delivering that speed is finding performance bottlenecks and fixing them. For .NET analysis, Citywire turned to ANTS Performance Profiler.
Understanding ASP.NET performance with ANTS Performance Profiler
ANTS Performance Profiler technical author Roger Hart demonstrates how you can look at performance information for specific web pages, and get a full understanding of your application's data access.
Profiling the performance of a .NET desktop executable
This video walks through profiling Red Gate's SmartAssembly tool, showing how information on database queries and web requests can affect performance, as well as how precise code timing data helps you find your application's bottlenecks.
Practical Performance Profiling Microsoft MVP Jean-Philippe Gouigoux
Jean-Philippe Gouigoux, Microsoft Certified Professional Developer and Technology Specialist, discusses performance profiling for .NET.
This presentation is a must-see for anyone who is new to profiling, and is based on content from Jean-Philippe's new, free eBook Practical Performance Profiling.
Jean-Philippe discusses the basics of profiling in developer-level detail, covers client and server-side profiling, and illustrates classic issues and patterns by demonstrating profiling on a real world application.
Failure to launch: Code, Upload, and Explode Microsoft MVP Jeremiah Peschka
Before you load your valuable ASP.NET application into a rocket and aim for the cloud, let's do a sanity check. How do you handle bandwidth shortages that never let your app reach orbit? What happens if you need more speed to haul all these users up? If your uptime flames out, how can you easily plan for splashdown?
Moving an ASP.NET application to the cloud may not be as difficult as putting someone on the moon, but there are a lot of places where something can go wrong. In this session you'll learn how to handle the limitations of a purely virtual environment, measure performance and identify bottlenecks, and deal with the changing availability of resources.
Got any questions?
+44 (0)1223 437 908
Try ANTS Performance Profiler
Download a 14-day free trial, and solve your performance problem.