SQL Server Backup Questions We Were Too Shy to Ask
During presentations about database backups and restores, sometimes the more interesting and challenging questions are those that are asked in private afterwards.
We've decided that we're just going to tackle some of the harder, more interesting questions that we've heard asked about SQL Server backup and restore.
Then pick up a free trial of SQL Backup to automate your backups and backup verification process, and put your new knowledge into practise.
1. Free article: SQL Server Backup Questions We Were Too Shy to Ask
- Can I restore a backup onto a different version of SQL Server?
- Can I use a restore to copy a database? What could go wrong?
- I've just deleted a table! How do I get it back?
2. Free trial of SQL Backup for backup compression and automation
- Compress SQL Server backups by up to 95% for smaller, faster backups.
- Protect your backups with up to 256-bit AES encryption and network resilience
- Schedule restores and use integrated DBCC CHECKDB verification to check for corruption