The SQL DBA Bundle supports your core SQL Server database administration tasks:
Backup and recovery
Protect your data with highly-compressed, fully-verified, and encrypted backups, and ensure reliable restores with backup verification.
More on backup and recovery...
Performance monitoring & tuning
Monitor your servers in real time, get the SQL Server performance data and alerts that matter to your business, and see how you can improve server performance.
More on performance monitoring & tuning...
Get a simple, clear rundown of your schema and data changes, and sync database changes automatically.
More on change management...
Storage and capacity planning
With four levels of backup compression, you can make the most of your storage space. Monitor data growth easily, so you can plan how best to deal with it.
More on storage and capacity planning...
Get alerts within seconds of trouble arising, and advice on the likely cause, so you can diagnose and fix problems fast.
More on troubleshooting...
Save time writing SQL in SQL Server Management Studio or Visual Studio, with code-completion and customizable SQL snippets.
More on productivity...
Keeping the data safe is the most important part of any DBA's job. SQL Backup Pro will help you create smaller, more secure, fully verified backups.
- Manage and schedule regular backup jobs from a central UI.
- Use high-performance compression to create smaller, faster SQL Server backups.
- Protect your data with up to 256-bit AES encryption.
You can also easily schedule regular restores and include an optional DBCC CHECKDB to fully verify your backups’ integrity.
Your backups are only as good as your last restore, so we've built backup verification right into the tool - a major development challenge, but it was worth it.Grant Fritchey, Product Evangelist
We built SQL Monitor to show you what's happening on your servers in real time, bring problems to your attention, and give you the right information to decide what to do next.David Bick, DBA Tools Product Manager
Proactively monitoring your servers with SQL Monitor ensures they're performing optimally and helps you spot potential problems or bottlenecks before your users do.
Once you've got a great understanding of your server’s current performance, you can make better informed decisions on how to improve it further.
- Monitor what's happening on your servers in real time and get alerted to problems in seconds.
- Collect and analyze historical data to help pinpoint past performance problems.
- Keep an eye on the top 10 most expensive queries for each database and server.
- Create your own custom metrics to monitor the data that’s important to you and your organization. You can also download custom metrics for common use cases, written by SQL Server experts.
- When you're ready to roll out any resulting improvements, run multiple scripts on multiple servers with just one click.
After SQL Monitor has shown you where you could make performance improvements, SQL Multi Script makes it easier and faster to deploy those changes, letting you run multiple scripts against multiple SQL Servers in just one click.
SQL Compare and SQL Data Compare help you compare and deploy database changes quickly, simply, and with zero errors.
- Compare and synchronize schema and data within SSMS.
- Generate T-SQL scripts to update one database to match the schema and the contents of another.
- Speed up the deployment of new database schema updates.
- Eliminate mistakes migrating database changes, or copying lookup data, from dev, to test, to production.
- Quickly fix problems by restoring damaged or missing data to a single row.
SQL Data Compare also lets you copy lookup data from development databases to staging or production, and damaged or missing data can be restored to a single row, without the need for full database recovery.
We don’t want you to have to worry about a deployment ever again - managing changes from one database to another needn’t be a headache, honest!Andrew Denty, SQL Tools Product Marketer
SQL Backup Pro's compression helps save you both space and time – and the GUI enables you to see all your scheduled backup and restores so that you can plan ahead for storage space.Philip Wise, DBA Tools Product Owner
The tools in the SQL DBA Bundle help you forecast, plan ahead, and make the most of your existing storage.
- Compress backups by up to 95%, saving on storage space.
- Monitor database size and be alerted to low disk space.
SQL Monitor tracks database size and growth so you can proactively manage your space requirements. Monitor patterns of growth and set up alerts to let you know when your remaining disk space is low.
SQL Backup Pro helps you make the most of the space you already have, by compressing backup sizes by up to 95%.
In a troubleshooting situation, every second counts. SQL Monitor quickly alerts you to problems, offers insight into what went wrong, and provides you with suggestions on what to do next.
- Get alerts within seconds of a problem occurring on your servers, so you can respond fast.
- Fix problems faster with embedded advice and suggestions on which steps to take next.
- Drill down using historical data to help you identify the cause of a problem.
Historical data lets you compare patterns and makes it easy to see when a deviation from normal behavior occurs, so you can pinpoint when the problem arose and understand what could have triggered it.
We wanted to make sure that you’d know about a problem as soon as possible, which is why we developed SQL Monitor to raise alerts within seconds and send them directly to you via email.Priya Sinha, DBA Tools Project Manager
Writing code by hand is frankly a little dull. It can also be pretty slow, and we think that your time can be better spent getting your teeth into the good bits.David Atkinson, SQL Tools Product Manager
Save time and tedium when you’re writing SQL with SQL Prompt Pro.
- Write SQL smoothly with unparalleled code-completion and customizable code snippets.
- Make code readable and keep everyone on your team working to the same standards, with single-click, customizable code reformatting.
- Explore your database with the ability to track down invalid objects and find unused variables and parameters.
- Refactor your code without breaking dependencies and encapsulate code as stored procedures.
SQL Prompt Pro is an add-in for SQL Server Management Studio and Visual Studio, which completes queries for you as you type. It also takes care of formatting, object renaming, checking for column dependencies, and other distractions, so you’re free to concentrate on how the code actually works.
Documenting your databases is necessary, but isn’t much fun. SQL Doc generates full database documentation automatically, so you don't have to do it by hand.
- Eliminate tedious and time-consuming manual documentation tasks
- Satisfy audit requirements by keeping complete documentation
- Document a database with a couple of clicks in SSMS
- Keep teams up to date by distributing documentation
SQL Doc is ideal for database professionals who need to quickly produce high quality database documentation. It integrates with SSMS, so you can document a database by right-clicking in the Object Explorer. You can create documentation in HTML, Microsoft Word, or Compiled HTML Help files.
The most common feedback we’ve had from users of SQL Doc is their sheer amazement at how easy SQL Doc is to use – it’s simplicity is what makes it such a popular product.Brian Harris, Product Manager
SQL Backup Pro creates smaller, faster backups, with backup encryption and full verification.
Learn more about:SQL Backup Pro
SQL Monitor tracks your SQL Server performance, and sends alerts within seconds of a problem arising.
Learn more about:SQL Monitor
SQL Multi Script can deploy multiple scripts against multiple SQL Servers, and makes it easier to code.
Learn more about:SQL Multi Script
SQL Compare helps you to save time comparing and synchronizing database schemas.
Learn more about:SQL Compare
SQL Data Compare compares database contents and synchronizes differences.
Learn more about:SQL Data Compare
SQL Prompt strips away all the tedium of coding in SQL in SQL Server Management Studio or Visual Studio.
Learn more about:SQL Prompt
SQL Doc automatically generates database documentation with a couple of clicks in SSMS.
Learn more about:SQL Doc