Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
People who work at Red Gate don't go hungry. Our onsite canteen, the SQL Servery, dishes up hot breakfasts and lunch for everyone every day. And it's all free. Here's what's on offer.
Breakfast (8.30am – 9.30am)
- Hot bacon or sausage roll
- Croissants or Danish pastries
- Fresh fruit and yoghurts
Lunch (12pm – 2pm)
- Download a sample menu
- Choice of two main course dishes of the day or vegetarian main course dish of the day.
- Homemade soup of the day with fresh bread
- Jacket potato with hot filling of the day or a cold filling from the deli bar
- Fresh bread to make a sandwich with fillings from the salad bar or deli bar
- Salad bar with green salads, rice salads and pasta salads
- Deli bar with cooked meats, fish and cheeses
- Desserts cabinet with choice of fresh fruit salad, yoghurts, dessert pot of the day or cake. On Wednesdays there's a homemade hot pudding
We have a wide selection of breakfast cereals, juices, smoothies, yoghurts and fresh fruit which are all available all day long. We have fantastic coffee machines and almost 40 types of tea. There's also a vending machine for chocolate, crisps and fizzy drinks (the only food or drink that isn't free). There's usually plenty of birthday cake too.
Where does our food come from?
Our caterers source as much local produce as they possibly can. Our bread comes from a traditional Cambridgeshire baker and we source all our fresh fruit, vegetables and dairy products locally. Our meat comes from an East Anglian butcher who uses only locally farmed animals. All of the chicken on our menus is free range.
If you have any special dietary requirements or allergies then Chris our chef will be more than happy to talk to you about the ingredients in his dishes or to make you something special.
Is there really such thing as a free lunch?
Yes! We have a large canteen space with long tables and lunchtimes are a buzz of activity. By eating together like this we all get to know each other a bit better and so we work better together too.