people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Visual UI Designer
Would you get a kick out of working for a company that sees UX as its main competitive advantage, and where the guiding principle is "ingeniously simple"? At Red Gate everyone understands the importance of creating a great UX. We're looking for a Visual UI Designer to ensure that our designs and products truly enhance our end users' experience. Visit our UX blog to get a taste of being part of the team.
Working in one of Red Gate's product development divisions, you'll define and produce visual designs and high fidelity prototypes for highly interactive user experiences. You'll work in a cross-functional product team with a variety of talented people. Collaboration is key at Red Gate – your work will be visible to the team and you'll freely comment on each other's ideas. (Teamwork is just one of the reasons Red Gate has been awarded the Best Use of Agile in the UK Agile Awards.)
Working with UX colleagues, you'll design and develop interfaces that are optimised for user experience and usability, as well as defining user interface design standards which ensure Red Gate's applications have an integrated and consistent look and feel. You'll participate in research activities to understand end users' requirements and their impact on the visual design of products, and conduct ongoing research into user interface development best practices.
It's an exciting time to work in UX at Red Gate. We're moving away from desktop apps and winforms towards web and HTML5. This leaves us freer to create beautiful UIs and more streamlined workflows. Take a look at Source Control for Oracle to see what we mean. We're looking at ways to make our tools work together better and tell a more compelling story for the user. We're looking at better ways to help our users solve their problems. If you can help us help our users then we want to hear from you.
Red Gate is proud to be independently recognised as Cambridge's best workplace as well as an award winning software provider – we aspire to be the best place you've ever worked. Our users love us and UX is frequently singled out as why people have chosen a Red Gate tool. To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter or get in touch if you'd like to talk to us first.
What makes you Red Gate's Visual UI Designer?
- You'll already have a strong portfolio of work.
- You've got experience in creating high-quality visual designs for web, mobile, or desktop.
- You've got an eye for detail and aesthetics plus a strong understanding and appreciation of visual design.
- You've got a working knowledge of user interface design patterns and user interaction mechanisms.
- You have experience of creating style guides and associated UI component libraries.
- You're adaptable and willing to create and explore multiple design solutions.
- You're able to analyse technically and objectively challenging problems and devise simple design solutions.
- You're a strong visual and technical communicator.
- You're a team player.
What would really help?
- Data visualisation experience.
- A university degree in visual design or a related discipline.
What's the package?
- A great benefits package.
- Salary is between £30,000 to £50,000 depending upon your experience.
- You'll work about 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with flexible work time.