people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Product Managers at Red Gate come up with, and validate, new tools and features that improve our ingeniously simple software and make our customers even more awesome at what they do.
Our Product Managers have one foot firmly planted in software development, and the other in our commercial strategy. They feel a strong sense of responsibility for the commercial success of their products; to help achieve success they work closely with the development, marketing, and sales teams, and with other Product Managers from across the business. We’re now looking to hire one new person to this linchpin role.
The role needs someone with the technical and commercial experience to join a team working on several products – ranging from established market-leading products with a very large number of users, all the way to new products taking their first steps in the market. They’ll drive innovation and conduct research into future development, and whilst we aren't necessarily looking for specific experience in the SQL Server or .NET development domains, any such experience would be a benefit.
What makes you a Red Gate Product Manager?
- You've got in-depth knowledge of technologies, competitors, and market trends, or a strong desire to keep up-to-date with developments there.
- You have a powerful blend of technical and commercial expertise, irrespective of how you achieved it.
- You're particularly interested in the commercial aspects of software.
- Your communication and consensus-building skills are first-rate, and you have strong, creative problem-solving skills too.
- You're experienced in visiting and talking to customers.
- You've got the passion and enthusiasm to act as a technical evangelist for your products, internally and externally.
- You have a strong strategic vision for your products, coupled with the intuition and insight to spot tactical issues that need your involvement.
- You're confident presenting a business case to management.
What experience do you have?
- Strong commercial experience of analysing market opportunities and building business proposals to exploit those opportunities.
- Direct experience of product management is strongly desired, ideally in a software development organisation.
- A strong technical background with development/coding experience
What would really help?
- Experience in the SQL Server and/or .NET development domains.
- A 2:1 or better from a good university.
What's the package?
- A great benefits package.
- Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
- You'll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible work time.