Analyzing the potential impact of changes to your database schema
You need to make a change to the schema of your database, but you are not sure how it will affect other parts of the database. So you spend days manually searching through SQL Scripts to find dependencies, or you rely on the memory of whoever wrote the database...assuming they are still with the company.
- Gain a clear understanding of database object dependencies.
- Minimize or eliminate errors and damage to the database during the change process.
How we can solve it
Use SQL Dependency Tracker to graphically explore object dependencies and analyze the impact of database schema changes before you push the changes through.
- Select the server(s), database(s), and objects you want to look at.
- Explore and track dependencies on the graph produced.
- Identify impacts that will occur as a result of your schema change(s).
- Save a record of the state of the database and its dependencies at different stages of the change process by copying the dependency diagram and pasting it into Word or a spreadsheet. You can also export the diagram, as a PNG image or as an XML file.
Benefits of our solution
- Save days of trying to figure out object dependencies manually.
- Minimize uncertainty, human errors and unintended collateral damage, crashes, and concomitant downtime.
- Rapidly document database dependencies and simplify reporting, version control and auditing.
Volume discounts apply.
Try a 14-day fully functional free trial of SQL Dependency Tracker.
With our full set of SQL development tools you can code fast, collaborate easily, and deploy accurately. Sound good?