An Automation License for continuous integration starts at $595. To purchase, please get in touch.
Automation License for continuous integration
Set up SQL Server continuous integration with the SQL Developer Bundle
Connect your database to your build process
We have a plugin you can use to connect your database to TeamCity:
Or, if you have another CI system, we have NANT and MSBuild scripts to connect your database to your CI server from the command line:
Getting started with continuous integration
The best way to get started is to download and try the SQL Developer Bundle for free.
Watch the video (to the right) for a demonstration on how to use the tools in the SQL Developer Bundle to achieve continuous integration with SQL Server.
For more detail, our whitepaper Continuous integration for databases using Red Gate tools covers the "hows" and "whys" of database CI.
For a greater level of technical detail, or if you want a feel for how other SQL Server developers are already doing database continuous integration, check out the articles below.
Best practice blog articles and case studies
- Continuous Integration for SQL Server using Red Gate Tools, Atlassian Bamboo and GitHub
- Database Continuous Integration 101 - Atlassian blog
- Case Study: How we learned to stop worrying and love continuous integration
- Continuous Database Deployment with Red Gate
- Database Build and Release with Jenkins - Ernest Hwang
- Continuous Integration for SQL Server Databases - Troy Hunt
- Improving Database Development - Red Gate Whitepaper
- Using SQL Test Database Unit Testing with TeamCity Continuous Integration - Dave Green
- SQL Test: Seeing Red Change to Green - Rob Sullivan
- SQL Server Unit Testing with tSQLt - Sebastian Meine and Dennis Lloyd
- Using SQL Data Generator with your Unit Tests - Ben Hall
Walkthroughs and evaluation resources
- Worked example: setting up continuous integration with TFS2012 - Automation with Red Gate tools
- Command line basics - SQL Compare
- Options used in the command line
- Switches used in the command line
- TeamCity Plugin for database continuous integration
- Working with Migration Scripts - Red Gate product documentation
- 3 reasons to invest in database source control (PDF)
- Continuous integration for databases using Red Gate tools - Summary (PDF)