SQL Index Manager – analyze, manage, and fix database index fragmentation
SQL Index Manager enables you to quickly and easily find out the status of your indexes and discover which databases need maintenance. You can then choose to perform the maintenance task required through the UI, or view the T-SQL script to execute the command via SSMS.
- Detect index fragmentation: get a full report on indexes across your databases, including severity of fragmentation and the reasons for it.
- Fix fragmentation: choose which indexes to fix based on fragmentation severity – SQL Index Manager will perform the operation for you.
- Reorganize or rebuild: set which action to take, based on customizable rebuild and reorganization thresholds, and rebuild indexes online with SQL Server Enterprise Edition.
- Analyze over time: export the results of your analysis to track and report on fragmentation.
- Generate scripts: automatically generate T-SQL scripts to fix fragmentation.
Analyze individual databases, or multiple databases at once
Select your server and choose to scan and fix fragmentation on a specific database, all User databases, or all System databases. You can also see the total time taken to complete the fragmentation scan.
Advice on rebuilding or reorganizing
See the suggested action, and reason and priority levels for fixing fragmentation. Now has support for rebuilding your indexes online when using SQL Server Enterprise Edition.
Analyze and export fragmentation results
Export the results of the fragmentation analysis as a CSV file for reporting and analyzing fragmentation over time.
Configurable fragmentation thresholds
The index fragmentation and size thresholds can be manually specified to set the levels at which fragmentation is reported. Configure the option to 'sort in tempdb' and set the common timeout duration.
Start rebuilding or reorganizing selected indexes with a single click.
Automatic T-SQL script generation
SQL Index Manager generates T-SQL scripts for use in SQL Server jobs to rebuild or reorganize your indexes.
See which indexes SQL Index Manager has rebuilt or reorganized in real time.