people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Web Systems Developer
Red Gate is looking for an experienced Web Systems Developer who will take a lead role in developing our world-class software systems in-house. As one of Red Gate's experts in web technologies, we'll expect you to work designing architectures, user interfaces, and software systems that support all aspects of the business. We'll need you to have experience in building multi-tier software systems and will expect that writing high-quality, maintainable code and unit tests will be second nature to you.
You'll work closely with your equally talented and innovative team members as well as with some of the most skilled and dynamic engineers, testers, authors, user experience specialists, project, and product managers in the business. Red Gate practices agile development and has been awarded "best use of agile in the private sector" in the 2012 UK Agile Awards.
We're moving increasingly into offering SaaS products to our customers, as well as using services for our internal systems. We want to provide world class offerings in this area; if you want to help us get there and you've got what we’re looking for, just upload your CV and covering letter to apply.
What makes you a Red Gate Web Systems Developer?
- Your coding ability is excellent and you have experience of building and maintaining multi-tiered software systems.
- You're a real ambassador for your profession and love sharing your knowledge and experience with others.
- You've worked in a team of people so you're used to meeting agreed goals and working together to achieve tasks.
- You love continually refining and improving the stuff you or your team are working on whenever you can.
What experience do you have?
- You’ve got a good technical degree (2.1 or above) or you've got other relevant experience.
- You've coded extensively.
- You've built and maintained multi-tier software systems.
What would really help?
- Experience of delivering SaaS systems would be a significant advantage.
- An awareness of agile development principles would be a significant advantage.
What’s the package?
- A great benefits package.
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with flexible work time.
- Salary is between £35,000 to £45,000 depending upon your experience.
- Starting ASAP.
We've got hundreds of photos and videos showing what it's like to work here.