people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Web Application Developer
"If you're a developer, there's only one place you want to work in the UK: Red Gate. The support, freedom, passion, and culture there is simply awesome." Ryan Carson
Red Gate is looking for a talented web developer with the desire and ability to build great web applications. You'll be taking a lead role in the development of Red Gate's SQL Monitoring solution as we move towards the cloud, you'll contribute to the design, build and testing of world-class software. You'll design architectures, implement user interfaces and write high quality, maintainable code and unit tests. The really exciting bit is that we want you to champion web development across Red Gate, enthusing about your passion to all within earshot.
You'll work closely with some of the most skilled and dynamic engineers, testers, authors, user experience specialists, project managers and product managers in the business. Red Gate practises agile development and has been awarded the "best use of agile in the private sector" in the 2012 UK Agile Awards. As a team you'll work together to meet agreed goals for each sprint. You'll also work with developers across Red Gate to review each other's code and identify ways to continually refine and improve the development process wherever possible.
At Red Gate we want to become one of the world's greatest software companies. If you want to help us get there, and you've got what we're looking for, just upload your CV and covering letter to apply.
What makes you a Red Gate Web Application Developer?
- Your coding and software design skills are excellent.
- You're interested in creating sophisticated and intuitive user interfaces.
- You've got first class communication and collaboration skills and you're itching to share your web technology knowledge with your peers.
- You're probably pretty sociable and outgoing (dare we say gregarious?) and certainly don't mind being a spokesperson.
- You have a genuine, demonstrable passion for building great software.
What experience do you have?
- You have a good technical degree (2.1 or higher) from a good university.
- You've coded extensively.
- You've made a significant contribution to the overall design of some software.
What would really help?
- Experience with web application frameworks, such as ASP.NET MVC or Ruby on Rails would be a significant advantage.
- An awareness of agile development principles would be a significant advantage.
- Experience of working on a website with SQL Server database as backend would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of ASP.NET Single Page Application would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Responsive design would be an advantage.
What’s the package?
- A great benefits package.
- You’ll work about 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with flexible work time.
- Salary is between £35,000 to £45,000 depending upon your experience.
- Starting ASAP.
We've got hundreds of photos and videos showing what it's like to work here.