people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Software Internship, 2014 (8 weeks)
Red Gate aspires to be the best place you'll ever work, let alone intern. We'll value you as a full member of the team from the moment you walk through our doors. Fetching coffee is a great skill, but we prefer coding.
As part of one of our development teams, you will work on real features and get the opportunity to see it all through to the very end, so you know you've made a real difference. As a result, you'll experience how our development teams go about creating software, including the design, implementation, and testing of features.
Interns work in small teams with software engineers, testers, usability experts, and technical authors to create elegant commercial software; teamwork is very important to us. You will have a dedicated mentor to help you through your internship, answer any questions, and make sure you have a great time.
Red Gate is proud to be independently recognised as Cambridge's best workplace as well as an award-winning software provider. To apply, simply upload your CV and covering letter or get in touch if you'd like to talk to us first.
What we'll offer you
- A chance to work with an experienced development team.
- We'll help you bridge the gap between coding simple functions and engineering software to ship to thousands of customers.
- We'll help develop you into a software artisan, shaping requirements and estimates, writing great code, and shipping features.
- We'll cultivate your technical knowledge with design patterns, test-driven development, peer-review, code katas, and more.
What makes you a Red Gate software intern?
- You're naturally bright-eyed and bushy-tailed with a passion for software.
- You have a profound understanding of the value of teamwork.
- Your grades haven't been affected by your extra-curricular exploits with your favourite coding languages.
- You'll be at least a year into a technical, scientific/mathematical degree at university, expecting a 2.1 or better.
- You'll have good coding knowledge and strong skills in a programming language (most of our code is in C# or Java).
What's the package?
- You'll work 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexible hours.
- You'll receive £380 per week.
- You'll start in June or July for a minimum of eight weeks over the summer holiday.
You'll get some great Red Gate benefits, including:
- A relaxed and professional environment
- No dress code
- Free parking
- Free breakfast and lunch