Win a .NET Reflector Pro license, a box of Red Gate goodies, and a t-shirt printed with your design!
Red Gate likes t-shirts. Each of our teams has one. In fact, each individual person has one, numbered according to when they joined the company: Red Gate’s 1st, 2nd, and so on right up to Red Gate’s 170th, with the slogan “More than just a number”. Those t-shirts are important, chiefly because they remind the people wearing them that they are important.
But that isn’t enough. What really makes us great are the people who choose to use our tools. So we’d like to extend our tradition of t-shirts to include you and put the design of our next shirt entirely in your hands.
We’ll pick the best design, and the winner will get a licensed copy of .NET Reflector Pro and a box of Red Gate goodies – not to mention a copy of their t-shirt. The winning design will go into production and be worn and given out at tradeshows, conferences, and user group events across the world, proudly bearing the name of their designer. We’ll also pick three runners-up who will receive licenses for .NET Reflector Pro.
If you’re up for the challenge, then we’ve got some resources to get you started. Inside the .zip file you’ll find high-quality versions of the following:
- T-shirt templates: don’t forget to design the front and the back!
- Different versions of the .NET Reflector Pro logo and Red Gate logo.
- Colour sheets to give you an easy reference to the Red Gate colours, including hex and RGB values.
You can create and send us as many designs as you like, and each of them will be considered for the prize. To submit your designs, simply tweet including the competition hash tag, #reflectortees, and a link to somewhere we can see your design: either an image hosting site such as Twitpic, Flickr or Picasa, or a personal blog. You will need to create a Twitter account (which is free), if you don’t already have one.
You only have three limits:
- The background colour of the t-shirt should be one of our brand colours (red, light/dark grey or black), though you’re welcome to use other colours in the rest of the design.
- You need to make use of either the .NET Reflector Pro logo OR the Red Gate logo (please keep them as they are)
- If you include any text or slogan, stick with just one or two colors for it.
Apart from that, go wild. Go and do whatever it is you do when you get creative: whether you walk barefoot on the grass with a pencil and paper, sit cross-legged on a pile of cushions with a laptop, or simply close your eyes and float through a mist of ideas, now is your chance. Make sure you enjoy it.
We’re looking forward to seeing your creations.
Terms and conditions
1. The closing date for entries is June 11th, 2010 (4 p.m. UK time). Red Gate Software Ltd reserves the right to extend the competition deadline at its discretion. If there is a revision, the revised date will be published on this blog and the date for announcing the results will be postponed accordingly.
2. The winning designer will be notified on June 14th, 2010 through Twitter. The winner must claim his/her prize by sending us a high-resolution image of their design via email (i.e. Illustrator EPS files or appropriate format, ideally at 300dpi). If the winner does not come forward within 3 days of the announcement, they will forfeit their prize and another winner will be selected from the runners-up. The names of the winner and runners-up will be posted on this blog by June 18th.
3. Entry is completed on the designer posting a link to their entry in a tweet with the correct hash tag, #reflectortees.
4. Red Gate Software needs to hold the rights to using the winning design in order to put the t-shirt into production. We will make sure that this is fine with the winner before we do so, but if you do not want us holding the rights to your design, please do not submit your designs. We reserve the right to slightly alter or adjust any artwork we decide to use (mainly to make it easier to print), but we will make sure we contact the winner for approval first. The winner will also need to allow us the use of his/her name for purposes of promoting your design.
5. Entries must be entirely your own original work and must not breach any copyright or third party rights. Red Gate Software Ltd will not be made partially or fully liable for any non-original work submitted by you.
6. This competition is free: you do not need to buy anything or be an existing customer to enter.
7. This competition is not open to employees of Red Gate Software Ltd, their families, or any other company directly connected with the administration of this promotion.