Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
How can I purchase from Redgate?
There are two ways you can purchase from us:
- Purchase securely online with a credit card, by choosing which products you are interested in, filling in your details, and submitting your order. If you have any problems using our site, please contact us for further help. After the order is completed, you will receive an invoice, which will be marked as paid. This will have the relevant license keys to enable you to download and use the software.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote, specifying which product(s) you are interested in, then return the quote to us, with a purchase order number (if applicable) and an authorised signature. You will then be sent an invoice, payable within 14 days, which will include the relevant license keys to download the software ready for use. Alternatively, you could create your own quote online, by selecting your products and saving the quote.
We can quote and invoice in US Dollars, British Pounds, Euros, Indian Rupees, Singapore Dollars, or Australian Dollars.
Please note that quotes and invoices in Indian Rupees, Singapore Dollars, or Australian Dollars can only be paid using a credit card. If you require one of our other payment methods, please contact us to transfer your quote or invoice into US Dollars.
Download this PDF for more information about our purchase options.
Do I have to pay tax?
This depends on where you're located:
- If you're based in the UK, you will be charged VAT.
- If you're in Europe and supply us with a valid VAT number, you won't be charged tax. However, if you don't supply a tax number, you will be taxed at the prevailing rate, and it will be up to you to claim back any tax paid.
- If you're in the USA, you won't be charged tax on your purchase.
Do I have to pay for shipping?
No. As all our products are supplied electronically, there are no shipping or distribution costs.
My company requires you to fill out a W9 form. What should I do?
When will I receive the product if I pay via a credit card or purchase order?
As soon as your order is processed, no matter which method of payment you choose, you will receive an email that will contain invoice information (if you pay by credit card, this will show as paid) and will contain the activation keys that you have purchased. We aim to process all orders within 24 hours of receipt.
Is there a money-back guarantee?
If you are unhappy with the product, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
If, within the first 30 days of your purchase, you are unsatisfied and we have been unable to resolve the issues you have been having, we will refund the amount you've paid, on the understanding that you will destroy any licenses received, and uninstall the software. Outside of this period (more than 30 days after purchase) any refunds will be at Redgate's sole discretion.
How do I activate my products after purchase?
When you purchase the product, you are sent an invoice that contains your serial number. You use the serial number to activate the product. If you cannot find your invoice, you can review your serial numbers at http://www.red-gate.com/myserialnumbers.
If you are reinstalling products on the same computer, for example following installation of a new operating system, you can re-activate the products using the same serial number (this does not affect the number of distinct activations for the serial number). To install products on a different computer, you can deactivate the products on the old computer using the deactivation tool, and then re-activate them on the new computer.
For further important information regarding licensing and activation, please visit our support center.
Can I upgrade bundle or purchase more licenses later?
Yes. Please contact us with details of what you have, and what you would like, for pricing information.
When is the next version of my software due to be released?
Major upcoming releases are on our roadmap.
If your software isn't listed, please get in touch with your account manager, or email email@example.com if you don't have an account manager.
Do I have to pay for updates?
All minor releases, such as minor bug fixes, are free. For major updates, supported customers receive upgrades to the latest version of the product they've purchased, for free.
For further important information regarding updates, please visit Upgrading your software.
Can you provide me with an Indian PAN Card Number?
Yes, our PAN Card Number is: AAGCR0652N.