people have viewed this job vacancy in the last 24 hours
Working at Red Gate
A place to do great work
Senior Systems Administrator
Red Gate is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our IS team and help deliver top quality IT services to Red Gate users.
Reporting to the IT Manager, we're looking for someone who is technically capable of looking after a predominantly Microsoft-based environment, and is keen to develop skills across a range of technologies.
You'll be expected to get involved in a wide range of tasks from helping the Service Desk team to supporting adoption and migration to Cloud based services. You'll work with third parties to deliver new services/technology and you'll plan and communicate smooth technology changes.
You should have a good understanding of cloud services and you've probably built a service or two on Amazon/Azure to prove it! You're happy turning your hand to new applications and services that look like they'll improve life for our Red Gaters.
You've heard about the DevOps concept and are keen to learn more about it - you may have even played around with scripted builds using things like PowerShell and automation tools such as Chef, Puppet or similar.
This is a challenging technical role which focuses on working with other team members to solve problems with the existing services. There will also be potential to help develop a high performing team and take on the management of some team members. As such, we're looking for someone who has experience, as well as a genuine interest in managing people. Sound like you? Just upload your CV and covering letter to apply.
What makes you Red Gate's next Senior Systems Administrator?
- You are a team player, but able to work on own initiative and possess the ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical people
- You have line management experience and are happy managing people
- You have excellent communication and collaboration skills across boundaries, divisions and countries
- You do not believe in typical IT marketing hype and can spot the potential in technology when you see it and know how to exploit it
- A genuine interest in technology, a desire to learn and a questioning, analytical mind
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and work well under pressure
What would help?
- You have previous experience in a senior systems administrator/tech lead role
- Experience or strong interest in open source technology
- Understand Agile methodology and experience applying that to an operational environment
What's the package?
- A great benefits package
- Salary is £38k - £53k, depending on experience
- You'll work about 40 hours a week, with flexible work times