Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Response 1
SQL Response 1 forum

Monitoring interval

Search in SQL Response 1 forum
Jump to:  
xdai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:03 pm    Post subject: Monitoring interval Reply with quote

Hi,
Is there anyway we could modify the monitoring interval time, so to reduce the io to the database server? thanks
Matthew Flatt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Currently there isn't an option to adjust the polling time of SQL Response.

This will be considered for a future release, thank you for your feedback.
JohnWCrosby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Anything new? Reply with quote

I was reading this post from 2 years ago, was the ability to change the interval ever introduced? Additionally, what is the current interval?
priyasinha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

You can change it via config file but it is not exposed in UI. You can navigate to the folder where you have installed "Alert Repository", there is a file called Config.xml here. This lists all the polling frequency.

Please always take a backup of this file before making any changes. Also, you would need to restart the service after you have edited config.xml.

Thanks,
Priya
JohnWCrosby

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: No Config.xml Reply with quote

I can not locate a config.xml file on the machine where SQL Monitor is installed - by the way I'm using SQL Monitor which I thought was simply the replacement product for SQL Response - how can I adjust the intervals for SQL Monitor?
priyasinha

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

We have a dedicated forum for SQL Monitor. You might want to post your queries here http://www.red-gate.com/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=133 instead.

Regarding monitoring frequency, though you can change via this config file RedGate.Response.Engine.Alerting.Base.Service.exe.settings.config which is located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Red Gate\SQL Monitor 2 (or equivalent location) ... I wouldn't recommed it. These schedule have been set up with optimum results in mind for things like performance, data availability etc. Changing the schedule can affect alerts adversely.

Also, would be good to know though that why do you want to change it? Is there any specific problem you are facing?

Thanks,
Priya
JohnWCrosby

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually more interested in simply knowing what the intervals are at this point. We are looking to use the information gathered for performance benchmarking, so one major question is, how often is the data gathered? Every 15 minutes is useless for example because it's too large of a gap.
priyasinha

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

Different data collection has different frequency. It can vary anything from 10 seconds (for pings) to ones a week (for index collection). If you want to know rate of any particular data collection then please ask. I can send you the detail.

Thanks,
Priya
priyasinha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

I have just sent you an email with polling frequency for all the data collection. Please let us know if you dont receive it.

Thanks,
Priya
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1