Red Gate forums :: View topic - Foreign Key on column locked when loading from CSV
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Data Generator 1
SQL Data Generator 1 forum

Foreign Key on column locked when loading from CSV

Search in SQL Data Generator 1 forum
Jump to:  
tkdennis

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 6:01 am    Post subject: Foreign Key on column locked when loading from CSV Reply with quote

I have a State table and County table, where the County table has a state_id with a foreign key back to the State table. I loaded the State data from a CSV file fine. I made a County.CSV file with the county name and state number and want to use that to load the County table, but the foreign key on state_id is locked so the counties get loaded to random states. I tried setting the table data source to the CSV, and just using CSV for the column sources, but nothing will let me change the Foreign Key Generator on state_id.

I read an old post that had this same issue and a response that it would be changed in 1.1. Is there any way to oerride the generator on a column with a Foreign Key?

Thanks,
Traci
SDG 1.1
benhall

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thanks for your post. As I have mentioned in a previous post, the reason for 1.1 was to fix a few issues and not introduce any new features.

Thanks for your comments, at the moment this isn't possible however we are looking at incorporating this into a later release. I have added a note into our system so we can review your suggestion at a later date.

If you have any other feedback, please let us know.

Thank you

Ben
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1