Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
Deployment Manager
Deployment Manager forum

Deleting Nuget feeds

Search in Deployment Manager forum
Jump to:  
lee5i3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Deleting Nuget feeds Reply with quote

I'm not too sure how to categorize this one.

But here is a scenario, I did not choose the built-in feed and I setup a TeamCity feed and add it to Deployment Manager.

I then create 15 steps that are pointed to the TeamCity feed, then decide, TeamCity feed doesn't have features I'd prefer, so I decide to use the built-in feed instead, so I delete the TeamCity feed and use the built-in.

Now, I was able to delete the feed even tho I have steps assigned, now I would think since I removed the feeds, the steps would assign to the only feed in the system, but unfortunately trying to create a release would now throw an error saying the feed could not be found, and I would have to edit every step and click save so it resaves with the new feed.

I'm not sure if this is considered a bug, or just a rare situation, but I think it would be nice if we delete a feed, to have a way to reassign all steps to a specific feed instead of having to manually edit all steps and save to reassign.
david.conlin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there Lee -

This is a really interesting one - we've spent some time thinking in general how objects should behave when a related object is deleted.

In this case, it might be easier to edit the existing feed to point to a different URL. That way all projects will be redirected to the new URL.

We'll bear this idea in mind next time we think about delete behaviour though

Thanks!

Dave
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1