Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Backup 7
SQL Backup 7 forum

ERASEFILES & ERASEFILES_REMOTE ignored

Search in SQL Backup 7 forum
Jump to:  
oderks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: ERASEFILES & ERASEFILES_REMOTE ignored Reply with quote

I have this very awkward situation on our new cluster that my jobs seem to ignore ERASEFILES & ERASEFILES_REMOTE.

The result is having backup disks running full quickly with all effects and work coming with it.

I usually use BACKUP DATABASES [*] and BACKUP LOGS [*] with the ERASEFILES & ERASEFILES_REMOTE options.

The log also Always states something like this at the bottom:
4/3/2013 3:15:16 AM: The backup set on file 1 is valid.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4/3/2013 3:15:16 AM: Deleting old backup file: H:\Backup\databasename\FULL_INSTANCENAME_databasename_20130401_031500.sqb
4/3/2013 3:15:16 AM: Deleting old backup file: \\networkname\directories\INSTANCENAME\databasename\FULL_INSTANCENAME_databasename_20130319_031500.sqb
4/3/2013 3:15:24 AM: Copied H:\Backup\databasename\FULL_INSTANCENAME_databasename_20130403_031500.sqb to \\networkname\directories\INSTANCENAME\databasename\FULL_INSTANCENAME_databasename_20130403_031500.sqb.

But on the new cluster I completely miss this part..... Locally (erasefiles) as well as on the networkdrive copies (erasefiles_remote). I just continues with the next database.

Now I must say that the old part is running version 6 something
The new cluster is running SQL Backup version 7.2.1.82 & Service application version 7.2.1.82
I already notice that the copy action is now a seperate action as I receive seperate emails from the copy to network action on success.
But I really need ERASEFILES & ERASEFILES_REMOTE to work! By default the FILEOPTIONS = 1 is not added when using the GUI. Also tried adding that, but to no avail.
Anu Deshpande

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for your post and apologies for inconvenience caused.

I have logged a support call for you call reference for which is F0071348.
E-mail: support@red-gate.com
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1