Red Gate forums :: View topic - SQL Source Control 3.1 Failed to load or caused an exception
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

SQL Source Control 3.1 Failed to load or caused an exception

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
Go to page Previous  1, 2
ScottA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump!

Can this item be made a priority? I'm looking forward to some of the new features since 3.1 and am completely blocked from installing the new version with this error (the 'keep the selections when navigating away and coming back to the commit window' one alone should save me quite a lot of time)

As previously mentioned am happy to assist in diagnosing the issue if you guys can't reproduce it.

Also - Sproatba, I'm not using any (non redgate) SSMS plugins and haven't had any installed since my last rebuild a while ago.

Cheers,
sproatba

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest version 3.4 installed correctly for me. No more crash on startup.
acrawford

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Happened to me after installing 3.4.1.73 Reply with quote

I was good until I installed 3.4.2.61. It seems there is some version mismatch? Below is my error.

Unable to find assembly 'RedGate.SQLSourceControl.AtomicIO, Version=3.4.1.73, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7f465a1c156d4d57'.
acrawford

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Support solved my issue Reply with quote

My issue is solved now, support sent me this:

Hi,

Thank you for submitting an error report.

Your problem is a known issue and we recommend trying the following as a workaround:

Quote:
1. Delete the contents of this folder in your user profile:
%userprofile%\AppData\Local\Red Gate\sql source control 3\generic\journal 2. Check any repository folders you are using for source control and delete any files called _lock_redgate

Previously-failed transactions may remain from a previous installation of SQL Source Control. This should remove them permanently.

If the advice above does not resolve your problem, and you would like us to investigate the issue further, please reply to this email and we will log a support ticket.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2