Red Gate forums :: View topic - error:shouldn't be a difference between Head -> Working Base
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control 3
SQL Source Control 3 forum

error:shouldn't be a difference between Head -> Working Base

Search in SQL Source Control 3 forum
Jump to:  
wtjones

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: error:shouldn't be a difference between Head -> Working Base Reply with quote

I have SSC 3.2.0.27

I have our database linked to a folder in a TFS project. I want to test out some of the comparison options so I tried to unlink/relink to a different folder in the same TFS project. I am getting the error below when trying to bring up the initial commit window. I can still relink to the original folder just fine.

Code:

RedGate.Shared.Utils.InvalidStateException: We've just silently retrieved the config from Head, so there shouldn't be a difference between Head -> Working Base
   at RedGate.Shared.Utils.Aver.False(Boolean condition, String message)
   at #mlhb.#Fx1c.#eI1c(ILinkedDatabase , ITransientWorkspace , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks )
   at #mlhb.#Fx1c.#wh1c(SourceControlOperation #oTc, AssociatedUser #LqAc, ILinkedDatabase #POPb, ComparisonConfigDifference& #2OPb, ITransientWorkspace #cD3c, ICancellableOperationStatus #EqAc, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks #LOPb, Boolean& #dD3c)
   at #mlhb.#RLZc.#T71b(ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , SourceControlOperation )
   at #mlhb.#CJ4c.#dRi(IDifferenceSelector #xrWb, ICancellableOperationStatus #KHc, IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks #VHc, ToCommitChangeSet& #Ocsc)
   at #GWeb.#VXM.#mYM[#NrPb](IBoundDatabase , Func`2 , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , IDifferenceSelector , Action )
   at #GWeb.#VXM.#jYM(IBoundDatabase , ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , IDifferenceSelector )
   at #GWeb.#4Ec.#7Jc(ICancellableOperationStatus , IReadOnlySourceControlServerCallBacks , IDifferenceSelector )
   at #GWeb.#4Ec.#y2.#QB7b(ICancellableOperationStatus )
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.MutexedCancellableOperation`1.#u3.#k5f()
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.CancellableOperationBase.InvokeWithTracker(String featureUsageKey, Action action)
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.Cancellables.MutexedCancellableOperation`1.Invoke()
   at #eEc.#Qlg.Invoke()
   at #JLc.#PLc.#Jfb.#EJf()
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.Do(Action , Predicate`1 , Boolean )
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.Engine.SmartAssembly.ExceptionReporting.ErrorReporterBase.DoWithObviousExceptionsRethrowAll(Action action)
   at RedGate.SQLSourceControl.CommonUI.Forms.ErrorDialog.DoWithObviousExceptionsRethrowAll(Action action)
   at #JLc.#PLc.#CTc(ICancellableOperation`1 , Object )

Chris Auckland

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post.

This appears to be a reproducible bug when relinking a database using the shared model. I've informed the development team and sent them some reproduction steps, so it should be something we can fix fairly quickly. Our internal reference for this is SOC-4566.

I think the only workaround I can suggest at this stage is either use the dedicated model when you link, or to take a copy of the database and then link to the new folder. You could use SQL Compare to copy the schema to a new blank database, or restore a backup.

I hope this helps.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Chris Auckland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had confirmation that this issue should be addressed in the next release. I can't give an exact date, but it should be within about a month or so.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1