Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
ANTS Memory Profiler 7
ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum

Problems opening ANTS memory profiler

Search in ANTS Memory Profiler 7 forum
Jump to:  
icube

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Problems opening ANTS memory profiler Reply with quote

Hi, now, whenever i open the Memory Profiler, it takes very long to start up(only the splashscreen shows for 5-10 mins)? And after that windows report it is not working and then it exits. And in between the waiting, it lags the whole OS. Every program that was opened becomes unresponsive, sluggish and unusable, even Windows Explorer. I am using Win 7 Pro 64-bit. I tried repairing and uninstall and reinstall but to no avail. Reflector and Performance Profiler opens just fine. Not a reasonable quality from such an expensive product. Please help. Thanks.
james.billings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the profiler. It's unusual to only affect one of the tools- was it working previously? If so, did anything change recently when the problem started happening?

One cause of slow startup can be assembly verification, although it doesn't normally cause the symptoms you are seeing. If you unplug your network cable/disable the network card, does the tool start up right away?

Failing that, we'll need to get more information on what's happening, so can you grab our debugger from here? Extract it, run Red Flag, use the launch process option to run the profiler executable, and wait for it to crash/fail, then save the results, zip them up and mail them back to support@red-gate.com quoting F0070131 in the subject line
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1