Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SmartAssembly 6
SmartAssembly 6 forum

Obfuscation Map

Search in SmartAssembly 6 forum
Jump to:  
nkilian

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Obfuscation Map Reply with quote

I have implemented access control functionality on a WinForms application that uses reflection to test whether or not a specific user has edit or view access to a control on a form, the control is hidden or disabled appropriately.

The form's assembly, type name and the name of the control are used to determine this, the information is stored in a relational database and assigned to users as permissions.

Background aside, the permissions are built pre-obfuscation for obvious reasons and as you can expect post-obfuscation are no longer compatible as the form and control names have been obfuscated.

So my requirement is the ability to interrogate the mapping files so that I can modify the data in my relational database to match the new form and control names.

Preferably this would be programmatic so that it could be included in an automated build step.

I am on the Standard Edition of SmartAssembly.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
james.davies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can exclude code from obfuscation to avoid problems.
This can be done via the SmartAssembly GUI or in code using custom attribute (http://www.red-gate.com/supportcenter/Content?c=SmartAssembly%5chelp%5c6.2%5cSA_UsingCustomAttributes.htm&p=SmartAssembly)
Red Gate Software
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1