Red Gate forums :: View topic - Why delete my existing install?
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
.NET Reflector 7.0 Feedback
.NET Reflector 7.0 Feedback forum

Why delete my existing install?

Search in .NET Reflector 7.0 Feedback forum
Jump to:  
PostMoved

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Why delete my existing install? Reply with quote

I have multiple versions of reflector that I've tried to reinstall because I put a new hard drive in my system. Everytime I try to install reflector, red gate now deletes the executable. This is very, very disturbing. Your company is now removing stuff from my machine without prompting or warning. Very much like a VIRUS! If this is how red-gate is going to treat users of software that they now control I will no longer use red gate products. I used to swear by some of the red-gate tools, however now that I can no longer install software that I use to once be able to I have lost a tremendous amount of respect and faith in red gate products and the company practices. If I wanted to install software that deletes stuff from my machine and disables my pre-redgate controlled software I would download known viruses to do that for me. Say goodbye to some market share. I will certainly not recommend using the red-gate controlled reflector any longer. I guess i will just have to write my own or find an alternative. Thanks for alienating the devleoper community!!!
Bart Read

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The auto-delete has been in there since 2006, long before we acquired it, and we actually removed it early last year because it was causing problems, not to say a great deal of annoyance.

As I suggested in my reply to your other post, please give the update another try - I believe it should work from 5.x now.

Thanks,

Bart
=============================
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1