Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Prompt Previous Versions
SQL Prompt Previous Versions forum

Include Comments ABOVE the ALTER PROC statement

Search in SQL Prompt Previous Versions forum
Jump to:  
mcaldwell@isidc.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Include Comments ABOVE the ALTER PROC statement Reply with quote

I like to put my header comment block ABOVE the ALTER PROCEDURE or CREATE PROCEDURE statement (similar to what you would see in C# code above a method definition). As long as it is within the same batch (between the GOs) this works fine and it is stored as part of the definition in SQL Server. If I right-click on a procedure in Object Explorer and choose Modify, SQL Server opens a window with the comment included.

But if I use SQL PROMPT snippet AP<tab> pick-the-name<tab> it only displays what came after the original ALTER PROCEDURE statement. And if I go ahead and execute that, then my comment is eliminated.

I have refreshed the cache before testing this, so it is not a problem of being out-of-date, just apparently not being there at all. It would be great if this would retrieve the full definition including my preceding comment.
chriskelly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea has been logged as Feature Request number SP-3499. Currently I am not able to say when this be changed, but the development team are aware of it.

If you have any further suggestions/problems then please do not hesitate to let us know.
Reply to topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1