Red Gate forums :: View topic - Layout Styles Suggestion
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Prompt 5 EAP
SQL Prompt 5 EAP forum

Layout Styles Suggestion

Search in SQL Prompt 5 EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
MikeONeill

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Layout Styles Suggestion Reply with quote

I am glad to see that V5 still has styles , I have used multiple styles in the past but to be honest find them a bit hard to use interchangeably, as you have to go to options to select the one you want . And its then a repeat to move back to the original default.

I have recently converted to Resharper and found its shortcut key chord approach a bit painful to start with but now I'm up and running its very slick.

To pinch a bit , they use a selection for method for their surround templates of a Ctr ALt J chord which pops up a numbered context menu list from which you select a number . So you do Ctr Alt J 5 to surround with Try Catch etc

How about a similar approach , Crt K Y then a selection so that you can actively select which style to apply with changing via the options settings. In that way you can use a layout say that has columns in a line and is compact while you are developing and a layout with each column on a separate line once you are happy with the outcome. I have been using SqlPrompt and Sql Refactor layouts set up differently to do just this.

Lazy as ever Very Happy

Mike
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1