Red Gate forums :: View topic - Committing a changed varchar column adds collation.
Return to www.red-gate.com RSS Feed Available

Search  | Usergroups |  Profile |  Messages |  Log in  Register 
Go to product documentation
SQL Source Control EAP
SQL Source Control EAP forum

Committing a changed varchar column adds collation.

Search in SQL Source Control EAP forum
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Håkan B

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Committing a changed varchar column adds collation. Reply with quote

I changed a varchar column to be wider and then committed the change to subversion.
When I looked at the script I saw that it had added the Collation on the column I've changed.
That's not a wanted behavior on my behalf. If it should remain it needs to be configurable so it can be turned off.
Chris Auckland

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your post.

Can I ask how you originally added the table without the collation to subversion? The reason I ask is because SQL Source control will include the column collation when it adds the new object.

There isn't currently an option to ignore the collations, but there isn't any reason why we couldn't add it to a future version if enough people would find it useful.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1