SQL Source Control Requirements
Supported source control systems
SQL Source Control works with your existing source control system.
SQL Source Control supports Subversion (version 1.5 and later), Team Foundation Server (version 2005 and later, including TFS 2012 and TFS Preview), Vault Standard and Pro (version 5.1 and later), Mercurial, Perforce, Git, and any source control system with a capable command line.
To use SQL Source Control on your computer, you need:
- SQL Server Management Studio 2005 (RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3, and SP4), SQL Server Management Studio 2008 (RTM, SP1, SP2, R2, R2 SP1, and R2 SP2), or SQL Server Management Studio 2012
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 (RTM and R2), or Windows Server 2012
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 or later
- MDAC 2.8+
If you are using Team Foundation Server, you need:
- Microsoft Team Explorer Client
SQL Server requirements
SQL Source Control supports connections to these versions of SQL Server:
- SQL Server 2005 (RTM, SP1, SP2, SP3 and SP4)
- SQL Server 2008 (RTM, SP1, SP2, R2, R2 SP1, and R2 SP2)
- SQL Server 2012 (RTM)
SQL Source Control does not support SQL Server 2000, SQL Express, or SSMS Express
Visit our page on your options if you're currently using Visual SourceSafe
If you have any questions regarding technical specifications, please contact us.
There are discounts for multi-user purchases.
Try a 28-day fully functional free trial of SQL Source Control.
Find out what SQL Source Control & SQL Compare can do for your database development and deployment processes at an on-demand webinars.