Articles about SQL Source Control
Independent bloggers provide some outside perspectives on using SQL Source Control, and disucss why it's important to source control your database.
- Database Source Control Basics: Getting Started
Michael goes back to basics, and covers the topic of source control from the very beginning.
- Database Source Control Basics: The Essential Operations
Part two in Michael's series on database source control explores update and commit tasks, and the operation at the heart of source control.
- Database Source Control Basics: The Unified Solution
The final part in his series, Michael looks at how to use source control effectively, as a unified system.
- SQL Source Control and Custom Change Scripts
Mark demonstrated how to use SQL Migrations to deploy change scripts in SQL Source Control.
- Using SQL Source Control with Fortress or Vault: Part 1
Mark talks about his experience when he was first introduced to SQL Source Control.
- Using SQL Source Control with Fortress or Vault: Part 2
Mark discusses several new features in the latest version of SQL Source Control.
- Source Control and SQL Development: Part 3
A look at using T-SQL and change scripts to deploy databases.
- Using SQL Source Control and Vault Professional: Part 4
Mark tries out SQL Source Control 2.1 with Vault Professional; he discusses source controlling static data, backups, and using the whole SQL Developer Bundle.
- Database continuous integration and deployment with Red Gate tools: Part 1
David discusses the old way of performing team database development, and how that process has improved with
SQL Source Control.
- Dedicated database development with SQL Source Control: Part 2
David provides a step-by-step walkthrough on how to use SQL Source Control with your existing source control system.
- The 10 commandments of good source control management
Ten commonly misunderstood or ignored important practices to keep in mind when source controlling data.
- Automated database releases with TeamCity and Red Gate
Troy takes an in-depth look at why you should source control your databases and how to go about it using SQL Source Control.
- Git and Red Gate SQL Source Control – Rob Sullivan
Rob explains how to get going with SQL Source Control and Git.
- Database schema synchronisation with Red Gate – Vincent Brouillet
Vincent gives a good overview of the advantages of using SQL Source Control with SQL Compare.
- SQL Source Control and better SQL objects organization – Jakub Dvorak
Jakub describes how his Treeo product works with SQL Source Control for a great solution when source controlling code.
- What do you use for Database Source Control? – Enrique Lima
Enrique demonstrates the steps involved in source controlling a database using SQL Source Control.
There are discounts for multi-user purchases.
Try a 28-day fully functional free trial of SQL Source Control.
Find out what SQL Source Control & SQL Compare can do for your database development and deployment processes at an on-demand webinars.
in Visual Studio?
If you do database development in Visual Studio you might be interested in trying out SQL Connect — connected database development in your Solution Explorer